BMW Group had acquired the racing/BMX and dirt bike division of Husqvarna. They needed a FAST way to implement a new system to run the new business, and quickly integrate it to their global SAP financial accounting system. We got the surprise call standing in the middle of Staples buying office supplies, after they searched for a provider who could do Navision (now Dynamics NAV) to run the division, with an integrated PORTAL for their 500+ North American dealers to order/configure bikes, and order parts. They came to the right place!
With an impossible deadline of 3 months, we sprang into action, leveraging our experience with rules-based configuration matrices, and an offshore development team, to deliver within budget and on time:
- Implemented ERP, Custom Reporting, and upload to SAP global ERP.
- CORE FUNCTIONALITY DEVELOPED:
- RULES-BASED CONFIGURATION FASHION MATRIX
- Color-Size-Style-Width-Options a “color-size-style” matrix was adapted and customized for configuration of motorcycle options
- High-transaction-volume, high-flexibility, high-performance
- Built high-volume B2B e-Commerce portal site for retailers/dealers to order bikes, parts, process returns, manage orders, integrated to ERP.
- Fast implementation and launch on tight deadline!
— eXist (formerly DreamIT) —